Smart Building Technologies
Most people are familiar with, or have heard of Automated or Smart Buildings. As architecture and building standards evolve, this platform is poised to become the next revolution in that line of design and construction practice. At its core, smart buildings harnesses the power of Internet Protocol (IP) to leverage the internet and all of its capabilities to make your property more efficient and desirable.
How does it achieve this?
- Reduces Capital Expenditures by eliminating the multiple vendor, multiple disparate low voltage systems scenario that typical projects employ.
- Significantly lowers the Total Cost of Ownership and Operational Expenditures by utilizing one common infrastructure for all low voltage technologies.
- Utilizes captured capital savings to differentiate and enhance your property via a multitude of cost effective technologies.
- Exceeds the cultural and generational expectations for technology that your target demographic now looks for.
- Transforms technology from a cost to a profit center.
- Creates and captures previously unrealized income for the entire life cycle of the property.
- Utilizes Ethernet-based multi-function building automation systems that bring together separate applications such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), physical security and access, energy, lighting, and fire and safety, along with traditional network applications.
In the past, the network was seen as pervasive and a necessary evil – something you had to have. Today, it is ubiquitous – global companies and the public sector can’t operate without it. From Wi-Fi in the local coffee shop, to complete office complexes built on the smart buildings platform, the modern Connected Real Estate Information Network (CREIN) is quickly gaining utility status.